Follow by Email

Thursday, December 29, 2011

What I Want in 2012: AUTHENTICITY

Well, I am STILL not ready to commit pen to paper with a list of New Year's Resolutions.  I know, I know, I only have a couple of days left.  But I want to be serious and thoughtful about what I promise to do because this year I am committed to really making changes in my life.  I cannot continue life in the same manner it has gone in the past, because I will wind up with the same results.  And more of the same is NOT an option.

One thing I know I want for next year is au·then·tic·i·ty  [aw-then-tis-i-tee, aw-thuhn-] -the quality of being authentic; genuineness.   I will actively work to to establish relationships which have reciprocity.  I will not be "fake", pretending to be OK with behaviors which are hurtful or don't serve me/my needs. 

So as the year rapidly winds down, my list of resolutions will be simple and manageable.  But insisting on realness (is that a word) will be integrated in my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment